Immediate Action upon a Loss
- Take all steps to minimize loss (e.g. fire fighting/-shifting material to safe place following Fire/ Flood/Accident/ Transit loss etc.)
- Intimation to insurance company
- Take few photographs of location and affected items.
- Call the Engineer / Contractor / Supplier to analyze actual loss / damage – obtain detailed estimate of repairs
- Fully co-operate with the Surveyor in loss minimization/ control and in arranging inspection of items damaged.
Suggested Documents for Settlement of Claim for Fire Insurance
- Claim Form duly filled in & signed.
- I.R, if filed.
- Fire Brigade Report (internal or external or both as the case may be).
- Forensic Departments report, if applicable.
- Laboratory test report together with the mandate given, if applicable.
- Record of Labour involved in activities related to claim.
- Original Repair/ Replacement Bills with receipt.
- Photographs if arranged.
- Departmental Note on the incident.
error: Content is protected !!